Lighting Designer, Technologist
From its well established office in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver, SISTEMALUX serves all of North America with a wide range of architectural lightning at the cutting edge of design. In recent year, our major growth has position us as an Employer of choice which promotes talent and career developments within the company.
Working at SISTEMALUX means working with a passionate team in a convivial atmosphere. It’s the expertise, creativity and solidarity of our employees who, over the years, have forged the worldwide reputation of our products.
We provide our staff with favorable compensation and working conditions as well as a complete group insurance plan.
The person will have to carry out lighting design projects. Based on instructions provided by the management team or the customer, the candidate will develop the devices, coordinate the production of the prototypes and all the required documentation, while respecting the quality standards and the work schedule. The candidate will also participate in the continuous improvement of the design of our fixtures.
More specifically, the person is in charge of:
- provide technical support to the production department and the various stakeholders involved;
- perform research and interpret technical information regarding components, materials and manufacturing processes
- make prototypes;
- plan the installation sequences of the luminaires according to the standards in force;
- design lighting fixtures and their components using 3D software
- list the necessary components for the realization of the products (BOM);
- establish the operation’s sequences related to the manufacturing processes;
- produce the drawings for the manufacture of mechanical parts;
- produce technical data sheets and assembly drawings for the production;
- schematize connections and electrical circuits.
- Electrical or mechanical engineering technologist or equivalent, or equivalent experience;
- 2 to 3 year experience in product design;
- Experience in the lighting field will be considered an important asset;
- Essential: 3D design experience and mastery of Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks software
- Good analytical mind;
- Easy to communicate and work in a team.